Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm a demonstrator now!

Hi!! Welcome to my first post!! I have just signed up as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and I have been creating lots of cards to make for my first workshop. The hostess has decided that she wants a very hands-on party and so we will be making 4 cards at the workshop (the guests will be bringing $10 to cover the costs of the materials).


This card is made using the faux tearing technique that I found on Marelle Taylor's website http://www.marelletaylor.com/search/label/Faux%20Tearing. All her creations are amazing.

Ok... the details:

Stamps: Eastern Blooms, A little birthday cheer, canvas background stamp
Cardstock: Rose Red, Whisper White & Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Old Olive ribbon, sponge dauber, circle punches 1 1/4", 1 3/8", dimentionals

Next...

This card I have also made using the faux tearing technique. I have also wiped the edges of the whisper white cardstock down the rose red ink for a bit of extra colour and to add to the rustic look of the card.

The details are:

Stamps: Easter Blooms, A little birthday cheer, canvas background stamp Card stock: Old Olive, whisper white Ink: rose red Accessories: rose red & old olive markers, sponge daubers, scissors, dimentionals

Next...

Ok, you may sense a slight colour and stamp theme going on here! :) I have just been doing a lot of these cards using similar colours and stamp sets... why???... I just like to see if I can improve on the last one... hmmmm.... maybe a perfectionist??? :)

Details:

Stamps: Eastern Blooms, A Little Birthday Cheer
CardStock: Old Olive, Whisper White, Rose Red, Bali Breeze DSP
Ink: Rose Red
Accessories: Rose Red & Old Olive Markers, scallop punch corner rounde

Next... :)

I love this fun card. If you tip the card to the side the happy birthday scalloped part spins down the card! Oh so fun! :)

Details:

Stamps: Big Bold Birthday, Think Happy Thoughts Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum Ink: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Tempting Turquoise Accessories: Scallop punch, circle punches, word window punch, dimentionals, 5c piece

Next... (they just keep coming)


Ahhh... I love this set! I think it may be my new favourite! :) The present on the right hand side has been cut out and popped up on dimentionals.

Details:

Stamps: Big Bold Birthday Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White Ink: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Tempting Turquoise Accessories: Real Red ribbon, dimentionals



Ok, when I made this card I loved the "thanks" sentiment running up the stem. But when people look at it they always turn the card over so the thanks reads normally!! Hmph... what do you think??? Too arty??

Details:

Stamps: Follow your Dreams
Cardstock: Blush Blossom, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Pretty in Pink, certainly Celery & Regal Rose markers, Pretty in Pink & Certainly Celery ribbon, dimentionals

Last One... (for today anyway)



I wanted this card to be a single layer card that was fairly simple but really effective. I hope this design fits! :)

Stamps: Baroque Motifs Cardstock: Pale Plum Ink: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum

Ok, hope you like them! :)

See you next time

Kerryn




1 comment:

  1. i don't think i'd turn the card - but that's mostly because i wouldn't put ribbon on the bottom how it would be if you turned it... i like it how it is - i think having it vertical makes it a bit more subtle, and the card is about the flowers, not the greeting.

    ReplyDelete